Vietnamese coffee has been known for its excellent quality in the cinnamon market. However, did you know that instant Vietnamese coffee is such a beneficial product and how much revenue it gains? This article will provide you with the answer.
1. What is instant Vietnamese coffee
Instant Vietnamese coffee, or Vietnam coffee powder, is a type of coffee that is made from Vietnamese coffee. This type of coffee is known for its rich and sweet flavor, and it is often enjoyed hot or iced as a popular beverage in Vietnam and around the world. It is convenient and quick to make, as the coffee powder can be dissolved directly in hot water or milk without the need for a coffee maker or additional brewing equipment. Now, we will take a closer look at this type of Vietnamese coffee.
1.1. Instant Vietnamese coffee origin
The central highlands region in Vietnam, comprising provinces such as Dak Lak, Dak Nong, Gia Lai, Kon Tum, and Lam Dong, is where instant coffee Vietnamese production is mainly focused. This area is favorable for coffee cultivation due to its fertile soil, favorable climate with adequate rainfall and cool temperatures. Robusta coffee is the primary coffee produced in this region, making up the majority of the coffee production.
Instant Vietnamese coffee is made by roasting and grinding coffee beans to create a fine powder, which is then mixed with the other ingredients and dried to create a dry, powdered form of instant coffee. The instant coffee is then packaged in airtight containers for preservation. To make instant coffee Vietnamese, simply add a spoonful of the instant coffee powder to hot water or milk and stir until dissolved, and enjoy the rich and creamy flavor of traditional Vietnamese coffee.
Instant Vietnamese coffee origin
1.3. Instant Vietnamese coffee features
Instant coffee Vietnamese has unique features that differentiate it from other forms of Vietnamese coffee in terms of looking, taste, fragrance, usage and benefits:
- Color and Texture: Instant Vietnamese coffee typically has a dark brown color and a fine, powdery texture. When mixed with hot water or milk, it produces a creamy, smooth texture.
- Taste and Fragrance: Instant coffee Vietnamese is known for its rich, strong, and slightly bitter taste, with notes of chocolate and nuttiness. The fragrance is often described as a combination of roasted coffee and sweetened condensed milk.
- Usage: Instant Vietnamese coffee is a convenient option for coffee lovers who want to enjoy traditional Vietnamese coffee without the need for brewing equipment. It is also used in many Vietnamese coffee shops and restaurants as a quick and easy way to make a variety of coffee drinks.
- Benefits: Vietnam coffee powder, like other types of coffee, contains caffeine, which can provide a temporary energy boost and improve alertness. The amount of caffeine in Vietnamese coffee is less than other types of coffee if you know how to prepare and drink the right dose. Coffee has also been linked to various health benefits, such as reducing the risk of certain diseases, including Parkinson’s disease, type 2 diabetes, and liver disease. Additionally, the sweetened condensed milk used in Vietnamese coffee provides a source of calcium and vitamin D.
1.4. Why instant Vietnamese coffee is preferred
The convenience, consistency, unique taste, and versatility of instant coffee Vietnamese make it a preferred option for many coffee lovers over other forms of Vietnamese coffee.
- Convenience: Instant Vietnamese coffee is easy and quick to make, which makes it a convenient option for those who want to enjoy traditional Vietnamese coffee without the need for brewing equipment or spending time preparing the coffee like ground coffee.
- Consistency: The use of instant coffee powder ensures consistency in flavor and texture, which is important for businesses that rely on the same taste for their customers.
- Creamy texture and taste: This unique taste has gained popularity among coffee lovers who prefer a sweeter and creamier coffee experience.
- Versatility: Vietnamese coffee instant can be used to make a variety of coffee drinks such as iced coffee, hot coffee, and even coffee cocktails, making it a versatile option for coffee lovers.
Why instant Vietnamese coffee is preferred
2. Financial benefits of instant Vietnamese coffee to the importers
The financial benefits of importing Vietnam coffee powder are hard to ignore, making it an attractive option for businesses looking to add value to their products and increase their profit margins.
2.1. Importing instant Vietnamese coffee with low initial capital but gains hugh profits
Generally, importing instant Vietnamese coffee will emerge high venue due to the importing cost-saving, easier transport, increasing demand, high profit margin and low tax:
- Importing cost-saving: Instant Vietnamese coffee is although more expensive than other forms of coffee, such as coffee sticks or quills due to the grinding process. However, it would be more affordable when mixing with other high-quality coffee types or grinding the coffee leaf instead of coffee bark. This makes it a more cost-effective option for coffee importers.
- Easier transportation: Vietnam coffee powder is typically easier to transport than whole coffee sticks because the powder has a much smaller and lighter form factor, making it more compact and less prone to damage during transit. Additionally, the powder can be easily packaged in various sizes and materials, such as plastic or paper bags or jars, to further protect it during transport.
- Increased demand: instant Vietnamese coffee is becoming increasingly popular in international markets due to its unique flavor and potential health benefits. This increased demand can create new opportunities for importers who want to expand their product offerings and tap into new markets. The popularity of this form of Vietnamese coffee is growing worldwide, including in countries such as the United States, Canada, France, and Germany, where both chefs and home cooks are increasingly interested in this distinct variety.
- High profit margin: instant Vietnamese coffee may offer a higher profit margin for importers compared to other forms of Vietnamese coffee, as it is a value-added product that has undergone additional processing and packaging. This can make it more attractive to retailers and consumers, who may be willing to pay a premium for the convenience and quality of the product.
- Vietnamese low export tax: Vietnam’s current export tax for coffee is 5%, which is relatively low compared to other countries. This lower tax rate, combined with high-quality coffee production and a strong supply chain of Vietnam coffee suppliers, has made importing coffee powder from Vietnam a popular choice among coffee importers.
2.2. Favorable condition to import instant Vietnamese coffee
Vietnam’s position near key ports and shipping routes means that its instant coffee has lower transportation expenses compared to other coffee-producing nations. This advantageous location makes it cheaper and more accessible to import coffee from Vietnam. Moreover, the Vietnamese government has implemented various policies, such as agricultural development initiatives, trade agreements, and intellectual property safeguards, to encourage the export of instant Vietnamese coffee. These measures further encourage the export of Vietnamese coffee and assist exporters.
Favorable condition to import instant Vietnamese coffee
3. Instant Vietnamese coffee price
||2763 – 3385 USD per ton
||7614 – 8716 USD per ton
||2980 – 2870 USD per ton
|| 7650 – 9070 USD per ton
||2540 – 2630 USD per ton
||3646 – 4175 USD per ton
Wholesale prices of instant Vietnamese coffee are usually less than the retail prices as wholesalers buy the product in bulk and sell it to retailers, who then sell it to consumers. Export coffee in Vietnam price may differ from wholesale and retail prices as they include additional costs such as tariffs, shipping, and customs fees that are associated with exporting. The price of instant Arabica coffee is typically greater due to various factors, including the lower yield of Arabica trees, the higher expenses associated with growing and harvesting Arabica coffee, and the greater demand for instant Arabica coffee in the specialty coffee market. Moreover, Arabica coffee is often perceived to possess a superior quality and more intricate flavor profile than Robusta coffee, which contributes to its higher market value.
However, the price of Vietnamese coffee is influenced by different factors, such as the quality of the product, the harvesting and processing techniques utilized, the demand in the market, the availability of imports from other countries, and competition among different suppliers.